Thursday, May 21, 2015

Belitung

We get a 4-day weekend for Chinese New Year and last year I went to Lake Toba on Sumatra. This year, Toni and I went to Belitung Island where you can go out and explore some cool islands and see some awesome boulders that are along the beach. I enjoyed Belitung but I think a 4-day weekend is the proper amount of time to spend there.

Jeremy, Kasandra (the couple from the Philippines blog last year), and Trevor (BBS teacher in Bandung) were also doing the same vacation and we more-or-less hung out all together most of the time.

Here are some pictures from the short, relaxing holiday:


(Jeremy doing Jeremy things)

 (the crew)


(the area just outside of the hotel has a very low tide in the evenings and was a lot of fun to walk around and play in)



(view from the hotel room)



(Trevor)



The snorkeling was better than I thought it would be. Not the best I've ever seen, but still fun:




(Mr. Science himself)






No comments:

Post a Comment